5 medium potatoes, cubed
4 medium leeks, chopped
4 cups chichen broth, divided
1 pint light cream
5 shallots, sliced
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
salt, pepper and dill to taste
1. Place cubed potatoes in large pot and cover with 2 inches of water. Boil until tender.
2. While potatoes are boiling, boil sliced leeks in 1 1/2 cups chicken broth until tender then set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Drain water from soft boiled potatoes, add remaining broth to potatoes, add leeks with broth, hand mash with potato masher.
5. Add light cream. Salt and pepper and add dill to taste. Put back on heat.
6. Mix sliced shallots with olive oil in a bowl. Seperate and place pieces of shallots on foil lined roasting tray. Roast until golden brown and crispy.
7. Serve heated soup garnished with roasted shallots.
Wine served: 2009 Joseph Drouhin Cote De Beaune-Villages (see wine review)