First of all….I hope everyone is having a great holiday filled with great food and wine!
Today I whipped up a little something that turned out just fine! Perfect for a late spring afternoon.
As I said above, I made the spaghetti, but you can also used store bought. Here is what I put into the fabulous topping to pour over your cooked pasta:
Approx. 9 oz. spaghetti
1/2 lb. pancetta, cut into 1/4 inch thin ribbons
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lb. (21-25 count) shrimp, peeled, tails removed and deveined
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 Tsp. (be generous) red pepper flakes
1 cup dry white wine
12 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
2 Tbsp. fresh, chopped parsley for garnish
3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
2 generous handfuls of fresh spinach
1. Cook pancetta ribbons until brown and remove from pan. Do not throw out rendered fat.
2. Cook shrimp in rendered fat and olive oil.
3. When shrimp are almost finished cooking, toss in chopped garlic. Cook for one minute while stirring, then add white wine, tomatoes, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a light boil.
4. Turn off heat, add cooked pancetta and spinach.
5. Stir until spinach is wilted, pour over platter of pasta, garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
Wine Served: Pio Cesare, Gavi