1 qt. chicken broth
1 Tbsp. finely chopped garlic
1 Tbsp. finely chopped ginger
4 Tbsp. soy sauce, divided
3 Tbsp. Asian sweet chili sauce, divided
1 pkg. (14 oz.) extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
12 oz. fresh ramen noodles
1 cup shredded carrots
1 medium baby boc choy, sliced, use all but top 3 inches of leaves
1. Combine broth, 2 cups water, ginger, garlic and 3 Tbsp. soy sauce in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium head; cook 10 minutes.
2. Mix the remaining 1 Tbsp. soy sauce and 2 Tbsp. chili sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
3. Cut tofu crosswise into 8 slabs, each 1/2 inch thick. Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Cook tofu, turning once, until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes each side. Remove from heat; pour soy-chili mixture over tofu and turn gently to coat.
4. Add baby bok choy whites to broth, let simmer for 1 minute then add noodles, carrots and bok choy leafs. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
5. Ladle noodles, vegetables and broth into a bowl and top with 2 slabs of tofu.
6. 1 Tbsp. remaining chili sauce should be divided and garnish the top of tofu.
I usually shy away from Tofu, but I’m thinking I could enjoy this. Great recipe.
Sports, Food, Libations, and More
I was never a fan of tofu myself until I found out how versatile it is….and this recipe shows off that trait. The sweet Asian chili really works well with tofu. It’s healthy and low calorie. Hope you enjoy it!